Preparing for a Sales Job Interview is Part 2 of our 3 part series with Barry Pulis the founder of the U.S. Recruiting Group. You Can read and listen to the first Part – How to Prepare for a Job Interview
Preparing for a sales job interview is the second part of our 3 part series with Barry Pulis of the IS Recruiting group. If you’re not preparing for a sales job interview you may get more value out of our general episode on “Preparing for a Job Interview” and “Best Practices for Working with a Recruiter”.
Topics and Questions covered in the preparing for a sales job interview are listed Below
- Dude what’s my quota?
- How should a potential sales person ask about territory?
- Previous performance for that set of accounts or geography?
- Why the role is open?
- What’s the best way to “prove” you really are a top tier target crushing sales machine?
- If it’s your first sales gig. What kind of background is helpful for making the transition into sales from other areas of business?
- How should a sales person approach the comp plan discussion?
- There are different types of sales. Say you are moving from selling a tangible product to a virtual one like software. What should I be thinking about if someone is considering making that type of change?
- Do follow up rules change for sales roles?
- What are warning signs a sales person should consider when looking at their potential sales manager and sales leadership?
- If it’s a senior role is it out of bounds to talk with
- Other departments or areas of the business?
- Often we see people who have been senior at points in their careers choose to move back to individual contributor roles. Any tips for having that conversation?
Closing Question for this section. What is the best way to tell if the company is a scam, MLM, or pure commission role where no one has ever made any money?
Whenever you’re ready… here are 5 ways I can help you grow your sales:
1. Register for and watch my free webinar on Opportunity Management.
It will give you three things you can use today to begin transforming your business and close sales faster . Learn how to identify your best opportunities. Know Who the Decision makers are, and what their buying criteria is . — Click Here
2. Subscribe to my “Weekly Sales Leader Newsletter” – Click Here
3. Join the Bowties and Business Facebook Group to connect with other Sales Professionals and business owners that are focused on growing their careers, businesses, and sales too.
It’s our new Facebook community where top performers learn to Accelerate Sales, Compete Harder, and Exit Time Wasters. — Click Here
4. Join our Sales Coaching and Opportunity Management Program and be a Case Study
I’ve put together a new coaching case study group. Not only is it live training and coaching led by me and my team but It’s based on the exact program we have been using with corporate clients and our teams. If you’d like to work with me on growing your business to a new level… just send me a message with the words “Case Study”. — Click Here
5. Work with me and my team privately
If you run a team or own a business and would like to talk about how to transform their performance or how we can help to grow your business… just send me a message with the word “Team”. Tell me a little about your business and what you’d like to work on together. It’s easy just follow the link to set up a 30 minute call and get I’ll you all the details — Book a Meeting with Tim!