From our 30 Things Top Performers series today we go over 10 things top salespeople know is a waste of their time. Yet we see companies doing this over and over again. instead of activities that drive results. The audio, video, and additional lists in this builds on the 30 Things Top Salespeople Need and Want but won’t tell you.Read More
Tag: Sales Training Video
Hope everyone is safe and well and given the circumstances business is good. Given a number of my clients and friends have been impacted by having their sales teams begin to work remotely. On Monday we did a super quick live selling over the phone training that built on the Phone Sales Skills post from last week and then quickly covered listening skills and best practices for leaving a voicemail .
Listening Skills Phone Selling Over the Phone
Generally speaking the stereo type fits for many people not just sales professionals. We talk too much and listen too little. One Mouth Two Ears. Sure there should be interactive two way dialogue and naturally flowing conversation. So in short your role is not to perform a soliloquy nor should your questions reassemble and interrogation from Law and Order.
- Ask a Question and Shut Up. Being direct let the customer speak,
- Respond if the Customer Ask a Question
- It’s Not About You – Make it About the Customer’s Needs.
- Question, Clarify, Paraphrase and Repeat
- Using Mute as Your Super Power
- Active Note Taking
The Art of the Voicemail
Voicemail when used correctly can be a powerful tool to engage current customers, make your name recognizable to prospects and new contacts, and occasional get a call back.
- Script vs. Talking Points
- Slow Your Speech Pattern Down to get the Best Results
- Get to the Point Don’t babble on about nothing
- Ask for an Action or Response
- Repeat your Name
- Leave Your Call Back Number Twice
Whenever you’re ready… here are 5 ways I can help you grow your sales:
1. Register for and watch my free webinar on Opportunity Management.
It will give you three things you can use today to begin transforming your business and close sales faster. Learn how to identify your best opportunities. Know Who the Decision makers are, and what their buying criteria is. — Click Here
2. Subscribe to my “Weekly Sales Leader Newsletter” – Click Here
- Join the Bowties and Business Facebook Group to connect with other Sales Professionals and business owners that are focused on growing their careers, businesses, and sales too.
It’s our new Facebook community where top performers learn to Accelerate Sales, Compete Harder, and Exit Time Wasters. — Click Here
- Join our Sales Coaching and Opportunity Management Program and be a Case Study
I’ve put together a new coaching case study group. Not only is it live training and coaching led by me and my team but It’s based on the exact program we have been using with corporate clients and our teams. If you’d like to work with me on growing your business to a new level… just send me a message with the words “Case Study”. — Click Here
5. Work with me and my team privately
If you run a team or own a business and would like to talk about how to transform their performance or how we can help to grow your business… just send me a message with the word “Team”. Tell me a little about your business and what you’d like to work on together. It’s easy just follow the link to set up a 30 minute call and get I’ll you all the details — Book a Meeting with Tim!